What is SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 Launchpad?
- The CC3200 launchpad developed by Texas Instrument semiconductor company.
- The CC3200 is the single-chip Microcontroller (MCU) with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The CC3200 specially created for build IOT(Internet of thing) application.
- The SimpleLink WiFi CC3200 device is a wireless MCU that integrates a high-performance ARM Cortex-M4 MCU allowing customers to develop an entire application with a single IC.
- CC3200 launchpad have built Wi-Fi antena chip for wireless connectivity so there no need to be connect external internet connectivity chip to the launchpad.
Key features of CC3200 wifi launchpad
- ARM Cortex-M4 Core at 80 MHz MCU
- RAM (Up to 256KB)
- External Serial Flash Bootloader
- GNU Debugger (GDB) support over Open On chip debugger (OpenOCD)
- Powerful Crypto Engine for Fast, Secure and Internet Connections with 256-Bit AES Encryption for TLS and SSL Connections
- Station, AP, and Wi-Fi Direct Modes
- 32-Channel Direct Memory Access
- 40 GPIO Pins for Digitalread, Digitalwrite and analogread,analogwrite value also for connecting boosterpack.
- 3 leds and two programmable switch button for user interaction.
- Inbuilt accelerometer and temprature sensor
SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 Launchpad Design
- UART (universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter)signals :-
A UART is usually an individual (or part of an) integrated circuit used for serial communications over a computer or peripheral device serial port.
- SOP (Sense on Power):-
SOP pins make the launchpad in flash programming mode.
- U.FL connector :-
U.FL connectors are used inside laptops and embedded systems to connect the Wi-Fi antenna to a Mini PCI card. Another common use is connecting GPS antennas.
- FTDI-based JTAG(joint test action group) emulation :-
FTDI-based JTAG emulation with serial port for Flash programming. And monitorning and debug the code.
Software for programming and debugging SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 Launchpad
- CCS UniFlash :-
uniflash software is used for flash the code into external serial Flash on the device. And used to format the serial flash code and verifying the code.
- Energia :-
Energia is an open source & integrated development environment (IDE) & code editor. This have built-in Serial Monitor/terminal and Higher level libraries are also available for ( Wi-Fi, Ethernet, displays, sensors & more)
- Code composer studio :-
Code Composer Studio (CCS) is the integrated development environment for TI’s microcontrollers and application processors. It includes compilers for each of TI’s device families, source code editor, project build environment, debugger, profiler, and many other features.